Natural Dyeing Workshop
Natural Dyeing Workshop
Timing: 10:30am to 1:30pm IST
Venue: Online; Google Meets
Invitation to be sent on Registration
Let's get this started with some natural colours in your wardrobe! We are here for spreading some natural love! We would love to help all those eco-enthusiasts to gain knowledge about the history of Natural Dyeing as well as the complete process to dye your own textiles through Live Demonstrations. We would not only help you colour your textiles but show you various different various of how you can use it in multiple beautiful ways!
What will you learn?
The schedule of the workshop would be as follows:
- We will talk about the history of natural dyeing and the cultures of the materials from where they come from.
-Discussion on what is a mordant and how it affects the colour? Different types of mordants and how to use them. -Discussion on how can we make the most of the kitchen waste to dye our fabrics and in the meanwhile we will learn how to mordant as well.
- Learning about dye baths and how the heat affects the colour, also how the colours of the dye differs according to the structure of the fibre/fabric.
- Making dye baths together and also you can dye with us from your kitchen to understand the process better from the materials at your house which are easily available.
- Learning a Japanese technique to dye the cloth - post processing and how to dry the material and wash cares for naturally dyed fabrics and fibres.
- Also, on request, we make a book for you all with the swatches that we dye with you over the online session and then send them to you by post with the recipes and all the other details so you can have it handy! Or you can do it by yourself as well. 💜💜
Add the Dye Kit to your Cart
Get yourself a beautifully curated Natural dye kit to get started with your Natural Dyeing Journey instantly. Add your kit to the cart by clicking here!
All details will be shared via email once the order has been received. Please write to us for any personal requests or additional details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of flowers,
I’ve talked about my love for natural dyeing often. Just completed a magical workshop with HeenaAgrima where we went through the process in detail- the history (loved the context setting 😇), the science (now I understand!) and the process (rainbows within my reach 🌈).
I’m so looking forward to create all kinds of ‘stuff’ now with a little bit more control of the process n the outcome!
Armed with the promise that they’ll be there to guide us whenever we’re lost 😅.
May our tribe increase!
Heenagrima classes are really very useful & enjoyable. You get help even after the class is over . They are very quick to respond to our queries even after the classes are over. Will give a five star . Thank you guys. 😍
The workshop is super detailed and the content is very good. I am looking forward to attending their other workshops as well. :)
The workshop was very informative. Explained the concepts very clearly and showed the process practically. They have enlightened us with their knowledge! I loved the way they teached us about natural dyeing and sustainability.
We as well doing it practically during the session would have been helpful as we would also see the results that we get. Good informative sessions though. Some more hands on for students would be more engaging.